I am getting married in 44 days! As a bride to be, I know firsthand how difficult it can be to plan a wedding. It’s single-handedly one of the most emotionally and mentally draining tasks I have been faced with. Balancing work, relationships, and a wedding is not easy. The amount of minutia that goes into each decision is nothing short of overwhelming.
While I am finally in the home stretch, I can’t help but wonder, “What am I forgetting to do?” I’ve compiled a list of helpful tips and suggestions to make sure you don’t miss a thing!
- Make it legal. Yup, that’s right. As nice as it would be to stroll into your ceremony venue and simply say I do, it’s just not possible. You need the proper documentation. Often times marriage licenses are only good for a short window of time so be sure to obtain the license in the state you are getting married in an ample time frame.
- Organize your belongings. Whether your wedding is local or destination it is smart to create a checklist ahead of time outlining everything you will need. Giving yourself a few months is ideal as you are less likely to forget anything. Before the big day, make sure everything is organized and easy to find. This will save you a lot of stress on the big day.
- Check in with vendors. With all the back and forth you have endured during your engagement process there is bound to be some loose ends to tie up. Speak with each vendor and confirm your final payments and make sure they have everything they need.
- Tips! You do not want to forget to tip your vendors. They too have put a lot of time and energy into your wedding and should be rewarded. Do your research and figure out the proper amount to tip each vendor.
- Check in with your bridesmaids. Throughout this process you will have done a lot of delegating and often fail to remember the simple tasks like ensuring the bridesmaids are informed. Make sure the bridesmaids understand the timeline for the weekend as well as any additional details they may need to know.
- Pack an emergency kit. Let’s face it. Something is bound to go array whether its big or small so be prepared. Creating a kit with items such as bobby pins, tide pen, hairspray, sewing kit, etc. will ensure you are ready to handle anything that may be thrown your way.
- Schedule your beauty appointments. Appointments such as nails, hair, skin, etc. should all be coordinated properly. You don’t want to have a facial too close to your wedding day and you also don’t want to schedule your nail appointment too soon.
- Welcome bags. If you are having a wedding out of town it is especially nice to treat your guests. These bags normally contain information on the area as well as treats and fun gifts. Give yourself ample time to make these bags and figure out a delivery plan.
- Playlist for getting ready. Before you walk down the isle you are going to feel anxious and overly excited. Having good music while you’re getting ready can really set the tone. Create a fun playlist and make sure you bring your speakers.
- Break in your shoes. If you are planning to wear heels it is smart to wear them around the house. Breaking your heels in will allow them to be more comfortable at the wedding. More dancing please!
- Pack for your honeymoon! If you are leaving right after your wedding you will want to make sure you have everything packed for your honeymoon. It is smart to also create a list of everything you will need to ensure nothing is forgotten.
I hope you find these tips and tricks helpful in the last few weeks of your wedding planning. It is always helpful to be prepared and organized. Just remember, planning a wedding is stressful, but it will all be so worth it in the end!